ABOUT US--OUR COMMUNITY
We’re more than a foundation--we’re a community.
We’re a community made up of, yes, our Board of Directors, Executive Director, Leadership Council, Consultants, and remarkable volunteers.
But at Give a Little we see ourselves as much more, and we want to include all of you who:
- responded to our first solicitation in 2008 to become Founding Donors
- welcomed us to the nonprofit world in Yamhill County and supported us through the years with advice and collegiality
- have sent generous monetary donations (we regard every donation as generous) in the 14 years since our founding
- are Sustaining Members by means of ongoing, monthly donations
- sponsor fundraisers for us and/or help raise money for us in other ways
- donate art works, music, jewelry, wine, food, auction items, gift cards, and more
- have become Business/Professional Partners since we began this program in 2014
- named us as recipients of corporate annual giving campaigns (thank you Freelin-Wade, Cascade Steel, Yamhill County Association of Realtors, and others)
- help publicize us through print and social media
- perform pro bono or reduced rate services for us (such as printing and copying, legal information, and website and graphic design)
- serve as Referral Partners to help us identify and screen applications from clients who qualify for funding
- cooperate with us to identify and help local school children in need
This is a lot of people. You inspire us and keep us going. You live mostly in Yamhill County, but we also receive wonderful support from people living in other counties in Oregon as well as in other states, including California, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Massachusetts, Michigan, Maine, Montana, Texas, and Washington, and also in Japan.
We cannot thank you enough, and we hope you know how much your contributions matter.
Finally, the hundreds of people who receive our assistance each year are also part of our community. You display positive attitudes in the face of difficulties that could easily overwhelm. You have earned our affection and admiration (please see Testimonials on this website.)
If you’re just finding out about us, or if you wish to help in some way for the first time, please know that we welcome your participation. See Other ways to help on this website, or contact us, and join our Give a Little community today.